Wednesday, November 14, 2012

{30 Days of Thankfulness} Day 14: 3 Gifts Silent


Rather than try and make up for the last 10 days, I am deciding to just move on. Life happens, right? 
Thank you for understanding.

Saturday Mornings
One of my favorite times of the week. I wake up (usually before the hubs) and the first thing I do when I leave the bedroom is open the blinds in the living room to let all the beautiful morning light in. I start the coffee, feed the starving kitties, make myself a little breakfast (usually scrambled eggs & toast), and then sit on the couch with my bible, journal, and pen. It is so quiet. It's a time when I can just be. I don't have anywhere to go for awhile. I can sit, soak in God's word, pray, journal and be silent. It is my mini Sabbath. It truly is glorious. The best rest I receive all week long!

A Look
You know that look. That look you get from your spouse, a best friend, a family member. That look where you understand exactly what they are trying to communicate without having to say a word. There is something so special about having a close relationship like that where you know exactly what the other person is feeling or thinking by just a look. I love that. And I am thankful to have relationships like that.

Silent Prayer
This truly is a gift. I love that no matter where I am, no matter what I'm doing, I can always be in communion my Heavenly Father. He hears us even when we're silent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment