Photo courtesy of butler.corey
I wasn't sure what to blog about today, and really I'm not in too much of a writing mood. I'm recovering from a migraine that I had today. It was SO not fun. So I'm going to post 25 random things about me! This type of thing has been circling around facebook the past week or so, I already had it typed up and posted there and I figure I'd post it here as well!
1. I am working for the same non-profit organization that I got my first job at when I was 14. I work for SIL International (associated with Wycliffe Bible Translator's) and ever since I was 14 I have worked as a Switchboard Operator, a kitchen helper at the Dining Hall, a Cashier for Books n' More, Janitorial (for 3 whole days!), and a Data Entry Clerk/Office Assistant for the International Academic Bookstore (5 years and counting).
2. I've been married to Tim for almost 4 years now and we live across the street from my work in a little place called Sunset Acres, which is the neighborhood (primarily for missionaries/students) that I used to romp around with all my MK friends back in junior high. I never thought in a million years I would actually live there.
3. We have a cat named Maya (one of a million other names -- Tim and I can't agree on one) that we picked up off the street, and a couple months after that she had 4 kittens. They are 12 weeks old and very cute. And yes, we still have them. If you want one, let me know!
4. I went to 4 different colleges. As a pre-nursing major I spent one year at Texas Tech, then one year at UTA. During all this I took ssome classes at Mountain View/Cedar Valley college. Then one day a lightbulb came on and I realized I was terrible at science and that Nursing really wasn't my calling. So I went to Dallas Baptist University, majored in Christian Studies/Educational Ministry, and minored in Psychology and loved it.
5. I want to go back to graduate school to get my masters in counseling. (you can send donations to........)
6. I have 14 nieces and nephews and another one on the way!
7. I have a gluten/wheat intolerance (aka Celiac disease). I've had it since I was 19 and I am unable to eat wheat, rye, barley, and several other things.
8. Due to my gluten intolerance, I've gotten very fast at scanning food labels and determing whether I can eat it or not.
9. No, I do not have a "glucose-intolerance".
10. I make homemade cards and love it! I have a blog where I post pictures of them: http://sarahcarpenterdesig
I hope to start selling them one day.
11. If I drink bottled water, I am never able to finish it. But if the bottle of water was poured into a glass, I will drink it all.
12. I've lived in Dallas, TX my whole life, with the exception of the one year in Lubbock.
13. I really want the experience of living outside of the rat race that is Dallas, preferably in another state such as Nebraska or Colorado.
14. I've decided I'm not much of a phone person anymore. I enjoy face-to-face communication a lot more :)
15. I am a coffee snob. I try to only buy organic, fair trade coffee, and it must be medium or bold. I'm lucky to work with a bunch of coffee snobs as well!
16. My favorite weeknight meal is seasoned black beans and rice. Sometimes with meat, most of the time without but always with some shredded cheese and crushed tortillas chips.
17. I do not separate my laundry (with the exception of towels....most of the time). I wash with cold water.
18. I'm terrible at remembering birthdays and even worse at keeping up with anniversaries. I do try though!
19. When I was in high school I went on a 2 week mission trip to Guatemala which was an amazing experience!
20. I know God has called me to be a part of ministry of some form, but I'm still seeking Him as to what the specifics are on that :)
21. When I get in the car, the first thing I do is lock the doors. I can't help it.
22. I really want to go on a mission trip again, and I look forward to the opportunity because it's something Tim and I can share together. He hasn't been on one yet.
23. In high school, I was in a girl band called 'Pierced Forgiveness'. We broke up after about 2 weeks.
24. Tim and I enjoy walks at the Joe Pool Lake dam, except I kind of get a little freaked out because I saw a rattle snake there this past summer....I hate snakes.
25. God has blessed me with a super amazing family and awesome friends. I am incredibly thankful!
So, now you know a little more about me. If anyone follows this blog, or just has hopped on over, I encourage you to fill out 25 random things about you, post your link in my comments, and see what you can come up with! It's fun to read other peoples randomness :)
Only one more day till the weekend and that makes me happy. Tim has band practice tomorrow night, so I'm going to take the opportunity to grab some take out and rent a movie. A little alone time is a necessity I think. Just me, Maya, Brother, Sister, Super Sad Eyes, and the One We Don't Speak Of (those would be all the kitties).