Thursday, November 1, 2012

{30 Days of Thankfulness} Day 1: 3 Gifts Eaten

October was the 'blog every day' month. Yep. Missed THAT boat. But I like this month even better. I've decided to blog every day of November about things that I am thankful for. And to help me do so, I'm going to follow Ann Voskamp's Joy Dare for November! Won't you join me? Whether you do the same on your blog or in your journal at home, let me encourage you to really spend some time thinking about God's blessings in your life. I'm sure if you really sat down and started writing down things that you are thankful for, you wouldn't be able to stop. So, here we go!


1. Ghiradelli 60% dark chocolate chips -- Yum. So nice to indulge a little (or a lot?) today after a good but challenging week.

(Via)

2. Gluten Free anything (!!) -- I have Celiac Disease, and since I am unable to have anything with wheat/gluten in it, this new trendy gluten free thing that's going around is pretty freakin awesome :) I remember back when I first realized that I was gluten intolerant, I decided to make some bread. Now, this was 8 years ago. You could not find gluten free all purpose baking mixes and bread mixes at almost any store. So, I think I went to the local natural food store, bought some rice flour and decided to make bread out of that. Rice flour and egg, plus a few other ingredients = ricey eggy doughy nastiness. I feared I was doomed to never have bread again, and that my friend, was a sad day. Thankfully times have changed, and I can go to practically any store and get the ingredients I need to make bread, or just buy some yummy gluten free bread from the frozen food section! It truly has made life a little easier in the food department. So thankful!


3.  Indian Food -- curry. tandoori. mixture of amazing spices. naan (gotta figure out how make gluten free naan...). basmati. Makes my taste buds go crazy. In a good way.

Thankful for the food that God has blessed me with to savor and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment